It only takes four straightforward actions to get started selling on Amazon with Create Seller Account:
- Look for a free item to sell. If you’re anything like me, you probably have a lot of stuff accumulating dust around your house. Why not put it up for sale on Amazon?
- Create an Amazon account for free. It costs you nothing to open an individual seller account on Amazon. You have to provide Amazon with a few details, and you’re set to go.
- You can list your goods for free on Amazon. The product database on Amazon.com has around 166 million items. As a result, there’s a considerable probability that whatever you want to sell has already been listed. If it is, all you have to do now is add your name to the list of sellers who have already agreed to sell the item.
- When the item is sold, ship it. All you have to do now is mail the product to the customer after making a transaction on Amazon.
Is it expensive to sell on Amazon?
While selling on Amazon can be costly, it is also feasible to do it for free (or fewer dimes than you might expect). Jungle Scout observed that merchants who started with less money were more successful in the long term in a survey of over 4,000 Amazon vendors.
- Sixty-three percent of sellers who started with less than $500 have continued selling for three years.
- 33% of vendors who began with $500 or less make $5,000 or more each month.
What are the charges levied by Amazon?
The following are the two primary fees to be concerned about:
- Amazon’s commission is based on referral fees (usually around 15 percent of the sales price).
- Individual per-item fees are flat fees you pay if you’re not a professional seller; you’ll have to pay $0.99 for every item you sell.
- Both of these costs are deducted when the deal is completed. As a result, you will not be required to pay them in advance.
If you’re just getting started and want to keep prices down, we recommend looking for used goods to sell around your house. You can find excellent goods around your homes, such as used books, kitchen utensils, toys, and gadgets. These things can be rapidly listed on Amazon, and if they are popular enough, they may sell practically soon after they are listed. You might also make your things if you choose. Consider Amazon Handmade and Merch by Amazon if you have a knack for creating and designing. Your product costs with Handmade are the materials you use to make your goods. Aside from selling your time, there are no upfront fees with Merch.
How can you open an Amazon account for free?
First, learn all you need to know about setting up an Amazon seller account. Then, when you’re given the option to choose between a professional seller account and an individual seller account, go with the latter. If you pick the professional selling account, there is a $39.99 subscription cost. There is no monthly subscription as an individual seller.